Labiaplasty Recovery & Results: What To Expect
I have developed a special technique that has minimal pain and a quick recovery. You may feel some soreness of the labia, and there will be swelling. The swelling lasts about a month. It takes a full 3-4 months for the tissues to see the final results. If you do have discomfort, Tylenol is usually all that’s needed. I have my patients apply antibiotic ointment and ice the area for comfort.
To make sure you have the easiest recovery possible from your labiaplasty procedure, please follow these instructions:
- Ice your labia to reduce swelling but be sure not to let anything stick to the suture line.
- Apply a lot of bacitracin or a triple antibiotic ointment to the suture line for 4 weeks.
- Wear loose cotton undergarments and avoid any undergarments or clothing that is tight or irritating for 4 weeks.
- Wear a thick maxi pad covered in a lot of ointment. Do not let it go between your labia, and avoid those with a mesh that could catch on the suture.
- Do not use tampons, do not have sex, and avoid crossing your legs for 4 weeks after your labiaplasty.
- When it comes to showering after your labiaplasty, you want to be careful not to disrupt any of the sutures. Do not scrub the incision. Pat your labia dry, do not rub. Avoid baths or swimming for 4 weeks. After your showers, apply lots of ointment to the surgery site.
- When you’re sleeping or resting, the best position is with your legs bent up.
- If you experience itching from the healing, the best thing to do is to ice and apply ointment.
How Long Before I Can Return to Normal Activities?
No tight clothing, intercourse, or exercise is allowed for 4 weeks after surgery. You will most likely be able to return to work within a few days, but you will need to avoid any strenuous activity for at least a couple of weeks.
Does Labiaplasty Leave Scars?
Scars take about 3 months to fade completely. In almost every case, the scar is invisible. The incision line is meticulously and precisely closed and results in a nearly invisible scar.
Overall, labiaplasty with or without clitoral hood greatly improves patient comfort, and it is a surgery that truly improves a women’s quality of life. It is a surgery that I specialize in, and I have patients that travel from all over the globe for Labiaplasty in Beverly Hills. As the recovery is painless and easy with my technique, my out of town or international patients, in general, need only stay in town for 1 week after surgery with follow-ups done virtually.