Thin Lips Enhancement: Explore Fuller Lips Possibilities
You’ve tried all the thin lip makeup tips and lip plumping products with little success. Our secret for how to get fuller lips? Lip fillers give your lips a gorgeous plump while smoothing wrinkles, correcting the shape of your lips, restoring volume, and boosting your confidence.
Plump, youthful lips never go out of style. But not all of us are graced with Angelina Jolie’s effortlessly full lips.
At Dr. Cat Plastic Surgery, we’re committed to giving you the most natural looking lips that are perfectly harmonious and accentuate your natural beauty.
Ready to pout your pillowy lips? Keep reading to learn about lip fillers, treatments, home remedies, recovery, and after-care tips.
Lip Anatomy and Volume Loss: Why Does it Happen?
As we age, the little fat pads in our lips can slowly shrink and thin. Even if you had a perfect pout at 20, time slowly thins the lips and softens their naturally sharp margins.
The fix? Carefully injected lip filler can restore volume loss, blur those pesky vertical lines, and contour your lip edges.
Lips come in all shapes and sizes, from thin lips like Emma Watson’s to wide smiles like Julia Roberts’. Seeking a more symmetrical look between the upper and lower lip? This is a common reason for corrective lip treatments.
The biggest reason women seek out lip contouring for fuller lips? Winding back the clock.
The Best Lip Enhancement Options
Dermal Filler Lip Injections
Injections with hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvéderm, Restylane and Perlane, can give your lips a naturally full and supple look.
These lip fillers for thin lips work by building water molecules within the lips to achieve a plumper effect. They immediately restore volume, hydration, structure and balance.
Best part? Dermal filler lip injections are minimally invasive and require no down time. You’ll be back to your active schedule and social calendar in no time.
Lip Lift Procedures
Lip lifts are a surgical procedure that reduces the space between the nose and upper lip. These transformative lip enhancements give your lips a beautiful lift and make the upper lip appear fuller and larger.
Concerned about pesky lip lines? Lip lifts smooth out fine lines so your smile can radiate agelessly. Plus, the gorgeous results are life-long, meaning no frequent upkeep. Just a dash of lip gloss and you’re set!
For optimum results, consult a renowned and trusted surgeon like Dr. Cat who takes the time to discuss your specific aesthetic goals, and curate the best path toward your desired outcome.
How to get the Au Natural Aesthetic
If you crave a pout worthy of an #IWokeUpLikeThis Instagram caption, let’s explore the most natural ways to get bigger lips.
- Exfoliate lips weekly: Stimulate the tissues in your lips and active blood flow with a weekly lip exfoliant.
- Moisturize your lips: Exfoliating will shed dead skin and help moisturizer penetrate the lips. Careful not to skip your lips next time you moisture up.
- Hydrate with hyaluronic acid: Dab a little age-defying serum to your lips to combat volume loss.
- Home remedies for plumper lips: Grab an ice cube and massage your lips. Boosting lip volume naturally with ice will increase blood circulation and plump your lips.
- Lip volume enhancing exercises: Increase elasticity by doing some lip exercises. A simple go-to is to shape your lips in an O and hold for five seconds. Repeat 10x a day.
- Contour with thin lip makeup tips: Contouring is a great way to get a bigger lip appearance with makeup. Use a lip liner that matches your lipstick and subtly raise your lip line for the illusion of fuller lips.
Crave a fuller enhancement than these natural tips?
Personalized Lip Enhancements: 3 Tips to Tailor Your Journey
Lip filler is the best path forward for lasting results. Just keep in mind these important factors to personalize your treatment and achieve your dream outcome:
1. Your Consultation – Communication is Key
Remember, what looks natural to you might be vastly different from your bestie. During your consultation with your cosmetic surgeon, your surgeon will consider your lip shape and goals.
Specify the look you want, whether that’s a subtle enhancement or more noticeable volume.
2. Choose the Right Filler
Your surgeon will choose the ideal filler based on your goals, which may include one of the three leading lip plumping products:
- Juvederm is best for a youthful, pillowly, voluminous look.
- Restylane may provide a slightly more subtle result.
- Volbella is good for filling in lines around the lips.
3. Less is more
As tempting as it is to want the fullest lips, supersizing them can look unnatural and cause complications. Consider having less filler injected, but increasing your injection frequency over time. This allows you and your injector to gauge how your lips respond and prevent overfilling, which can cause bruising, swelling, redness, and infection, among other symptoms.
That’s why it’s absolutely crucial to choose an injector you trust with a proven track record of successful and safe results.
Put Your Trust in Dr. Cat
Dr. Cat is a board-certified, world-renowned plastic surgeon with decades of experience transforming her patients’ lives through cosmetic enhancements. Crave definition, plumped fullness, and a subtle boost to the lip area? Thousands of satisfied customers rave about her artistic eye and meticulous approach.
When researching an injector, take the time to check out the practitioner yourself.
- Industry recognized credentials
- Amazing before-and-after lip filler results
- Positive reviews from real customers
- One-on-one consultations that honor your needs and aesthetic vision
- Extensive experience performing lip filler injections and/or lip lifts
- Ability to rectify any complications in the safest, most professional manner
Dr. Cat ticks all of these essential boxes and more. She is dedicated to honoring your vision, and your safety and satisfaction are her top priority.
Tips for a Smooth Recovery and Aftercare
During your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Cat, she’ll share personalized aftercare tips on how to maximize your results and minimize discomfort, but here are some general guidelines:
- Ice, Ice Baby: Use an ice pack frequently on your lips for the first 36 hours after lip filler to reduce swelling.
- Hold the champagne: Avoid alcohol for 48 hours as it can increase bruising.
- Take it easy: Don’t hit the gym or do any strenuous activity during the first 48 hours post treatment, as this can lead to swelling in the lip area.
- Stay well-hydrated: Drinking lots of water can help the filler settle and integrate naturally, so make sure you’re taking regular sips throughout the day.
- Let your lips breathe: Avoid lipstick and lip-liners for 24 hours as they may contain bacteria.
Plump Up Your Pout with Dr. Cat!
Trends change, but pillowy lips are here to stay. Thanks to the modern innovations of dermal lip fillers, and trusted providers like Dr. Cat, attaining the pout you dream of is within reach.
With her detailed facial analysis and in-depth industry knowledge, she’ll give you gorgeously harmonious lips and pump up your confidence.